Friday, September 05, 2008

TNUR

Some old and a little new. The route for the Thursday Night Urban Ride has been revamped for maximum enjoyment. After catching wind of the TNUR still in full effect. I had to go out and get in on the fun.

After dodging the walkers & go-getters out on the RiverWalk, I meet 7 HBW riders. The pace quickly picked up. With very few miles in the saddle I was a little apprehensive about going too hard for too long. Last thing I needed was to pop. The talk was to get in 40+miles. As the thoughts of "oh shit I have zero calories with me" steady would need to be my mantra.

Heading out to Old State Rd. the pace was jacked. By who I don't remember. The road was in good shape and Paul, Chris & myself separated from the group. The tempo was fast but manageable. A regroup at US21. Then is was something new.

From here a bottle refill at the Horizon, then onto the road formerly known as the METH route. This road has been tamed with the recent paving. The hills are still there but the soft sand is no more. The route stays on pavement for a few miles looping back around on Savany Hunt and 21, before heading back onto Old State. Two county line sprint signs have been added. This added loop was fun.

Heading back into town, Old State was another scorcher. The pace a touch slower, but still moving. A regroup at the pavement then an easy roll back into town. All in all a good ride. I was beat the ride was a little harder than I would have liked. Hell it was probably my fault the pace was jacked.

2:45 ~ 40 miles
HR av. 141
max 183
2500 calories burned
Bring food next time. Calendar marked for next Thursday.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

What a slow workout! Get skinner tires!