Thursday, April 19, 2007

Chasing the Roadies

It's thursday and that means another installment of HBW group road ride. For me it's always a tester to see if I can hang with the roadies. This week was no different, except I was back on a road bike. Road tactics are not my strong point by any measure. This never disourages me from mixing it up when I can. With only 7 riders leaving O'Leary's this ride would be quick. As the wind picked up and the sky darkened, the anticipation began to rise. The ride would be short but it would be fast.
This ride needed to get started quick. The first hill acceleration was mild. The second was a bit faster. Then on the downhill of 176 I decided to speed it up a bit. Well it's always short lived. The next series of hills are always the tuffies. Wash Lever Rd. put me at 193 bpm, or to quote Paul Sherwan "he's on the rivets, after that attack". Damage control from her out. Here comes the rain, well at least we made it to Freshly Mill Rd. before the rain started. One more attempt to bury myself in my own punishment. I tried to lead out a few riders to the foot of the bamboo forest. Stick a fork in me I'm done. With a few quick flashes of lightning this ride was over in a flash no pun intended.
Time: 1:05
Dis: 21mi.
Av. hr: 160
Mx hr: 193

No comments: