Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Another 2nd Place



Howdey Folks - Just wanted to post a quick recap of this past weekend's event. First things first another 2nd place in the Worlds 30-34 age group. Completing 21 laps in 23:07 @ 8mi a pop. So 168mi off road was not to shabby for someone who has been reduced to training about 6hrs a week. Thanks to my 6am cycle class for making me get up and attend classes. Surprisingly I'm not that badly damaged.

Somehow my body was spared from the rough course over in Georgia. Give me a couple days to get caught up and I'll get a full report out to ya. Till then

Toby

5 comments:

ExtrmTao said...

Good work! Good thing to know that your class won't let you get lazy.

Asheville Soda Works said...

Yo, congrats. Too bad we didn't get to ride together out there a little more, and that you couldn't share any biscuits from McDonald's. LIke I said during the race, you can keep these 24 hour races. I'll give you a shout on the tele. I'm hammered. Nick

hammernails said...

Man Oh Man! Only a 168 miles! WOW! Congrats! I would have a hard time doing 68 of those. Hey when you recover I'm ready for another century. Aslo I now have a blog under the same as the above. Later Monty.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the placing!! Conyers is one of those courses that once you get a good roll going it's hard to stop. Where's Russ in all this? He should be out there doing the two-four.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Toby...21 out there is no small feat .I have to admit that I thought Nick was you until he corrected me.