Sunday, November 18, 2007

Suuffffeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Suffering all in the pursuit of fitness. This Saturday was the third installment of the Harrisburg stxc series. Monty and I headed North on 77. Neither of us had high hopes for a top spot. Mission was more of a support role for Jamie, get in and help when we could. This race was much faster than the previous weekends night race. Plan was to get out quick and set the pace early. Monty pulled out the lead off the gun. Jamie followed a close 2nd and I hung onto 3rd as watch out. "Team work" was the theme.
I managed to stay on for a few laps before I popped. Monty held on a few more laps then we were left to survive till the leaders came back around. Goal was to stay ahead and not get lapped but I knew better. These guys were ripping the trail up. Some many minutes later they did catch us luckily with Clint Spotting for us. Alerting me that they were closing fast. Anything I could do to help. "Get on your horse" and hold on. Chewed up and spit out Monty was next to help. Jamie was red hot this weekend and it was cool to be a part in it.

No comments: