Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A night out

Back into some kind of form. With Harrisburg starting in one week (2 for me), the need for some fitness is a must. Somehow managed a 3 hour ride at Harbison on Saturday without bonking. Last night I went out for the bi-weekly Harrells Urban Ride. On the bike at 6pm to make the :30 commute over and through the woods to Riverfront park. The park was packed with foot traffic, many preparing for the Govenors Cup 8K. Trying not to be a complete jackass and blowing past them, especially since I'm decked from head to toe in Harrells Blue. Not good PR for Harrells. Anywho the commute consisted of some exploring on any type of dirt path I could find and three flights of stairs in a downward motion. After meeting up with the group my front tire started losing air. This would force me to stop in Elmwood Cemetary for a quick change. Twenty minutes later at the top of a parking garage the rear starts to go down. A couple shots of co2 and we're on our way. Down through campus and over the river we go, for a quick out and back on the Greenway. Chasing the gear folks down with the one gear. A good way to spike the HR. Hopefully this is what I need for the short track.

No comments: